Monday/Tuesday 11/9 and 11/10
- Discuss two sample papers from BDT –
- Read BTD p. 46 – “Should Welfare Recipients be Drug Tested?” Be prepared for class discussion.
- Finish The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. We will be discussing next week, so you can take all week to read.
- Prepare paper proposal to turn in 11/11 and 11/12
Wed/Thurs 11/11 and 11/12
- Discuss Dubois’ argument. How does it respond to Washington’s argument? What concessions, if any, does Dubois make? Why and how does he disagree with Washington’s argument? How does this fulfill the obligations of a critical analysis?
- Group work: Discuss “Should Welfare Recipients be Drug Tested?”
- How to write an annotated bibliography
- Read pp. 130-131 in BDT – “Should Ugly Architecture Be Saved?” as a critical analysis
- Read “Where to Draw the Line Between Transracial Adoption” as a critical analysis https://www.uscupstate.edu/uploadedFiles/academics/arts_sciences/Language_and_Literature/ELF%20Volume%203%202011.pdf
- Review the following site to lock in your knowledge of how to do an annotated bibliography https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/614/03/
- Begin to compile your annotated bibliography.